In collaboration with a number of green groups, this briefing sets out the six tests for the Government’s upcoming transport decarbonisation plan:
- Have a clear roadmap to decarbonise transport.
- Encourage a shift towards active travel and public transport use.
- Set out a plan to accelerate the adoption of clean vehicles.
- Ensure all transport infrastructure investment is compatible with net zero.
- Set policy to decarbonise shipping and aviation.
- Set a mandate to ensure local delivery of low carbon transport solutions.