On Thursday the 12 January 2023, we ran an online event to launch our new report Reforming transport taxes: the case for change.
This report looks at how the transport system will change on its path to net zero and set out the case for reforming transport taxes to replace dwindling tax revenue and catalyse transport’s net zero transition.
Green Alliance’s expert staff and James Edgar from WPI Economics discussed the case for transport tax reform, why transport taxes need to be considered together and why the reform needs to start now.
- Chair: Helena Bennett, Head of climate policy, Green Alliance
- James Edgar, Chief economist, WPI Economics
- Stuart Dossett, Senior policy adviser, Green Alliance
- Zoe Avison, Policy analyst, Green Alliance
- Sophie O’Connell, Policy adviser, Green Alliance