The highlights from our recent event marking one year on from the Chinese ban on ‘foreign garbage’. Hear voices from across the recycling and waste sector, including Defra, Suez and Friends of the Earth, as we seek to move the debate on plastics forward. Which countries has the ban most effected, what is the UK doing to tackle the problem and why is it so important to take our waste seriously?
Music by Podington Bear used under Creative Commons licence.
- Libby Peake, senior policy adviser on resources, Green Alliance (chair)
- Dawn Woodward, Defra’s Deputy Head Resources and Waste (Strategy and Regulation)
- Emma Priestland, plastics campaigner, Friends of the Earth
- Adam Read, external affairs director, SUEZ
- Caroline Laurie, head of sustainability, Kingfisher plc