This edition of Inside Track focuses on the concept of the circular economy, its importance to resource security and the advantages for business and the wider economy.
- Jonny Hazell describes the challenges the Circular Economy Task Force is addressing and the lessons from its first year.
- Fraser Thompson of McKinsey Global Institute, asks if we can act fast enough to improve resource productivity
- Dr Doroteya Vladimirova of the Institute of Manufacturing outlines the substantial value creation opportunities for business
- Dan Rogerson MP describes the economic and business opportunities Defra sees in supporting a circular economy
- Adrian Cole and Simon Drury of sustainability consultancy Ricardo-AEA report on their work developing closed loop systems with companies
Three CETF members: Unilever, Interface and WRAP also write about their experiences in tackling resource issues.