The CCC have found that we won’t be able to reach net zero without behaviour change. Our research with Thinks Insight & Strategy found that sustainability is a primary concern for the public, the majority of whom want to make climate friendly choices. So what’s holding us back from a system that supports both the will of the people and the health of the planet?
In this webinar which took place on Wednesday 22 March 2023, Thinks Insight & Strategy presented research that formed the basis of Green Alliance’s The green light for change and A greener tax system: the people’s verdict, which demonstrated that the public are overwhelmingly in support of a greener tax system that supports people to make more environmentally friendly choices and holds polluters to account.
They were joined by a panel of experts who discussed what the public want, what incentives will help them change and where we need government reform.
- Chair: Libby Peake, head of resource policy, Green Alliance
- Lorraine Whitmarsh, professor of environmental psychology, University of Bath
- Toby Park, principal advisor, head of energy & sustainability, The Behavioural Insights Team
- Max Templer, research director, Thinks Insights & Strategy
- Arun Advani, associate professor, University of Warwick